School children across Stockport were set the challenged to design their own lunch menu.
Tackling the issue of obesity in a fun and interactive way, the team at Solutions SK and Stockport County asked children across the borough to think about healthy eating choices and the way in which good food and exercise can leave them energised and focussed for their school work.
Lisa Tottle, Quality and Training Lead for Solutions SK, says of the competition: “The schools and children have been so enthusiastic about this challenge. The standard of entries is incredibly high. The children have made a huge effort designing the menus and thinking about the guidelines we gave them. We’re so excited to choose a winner, huge congratulations goes out to everyone who entered.”
The prize includes:
– A surprise visit to the winners’ school to announce the chosen menu
– Lunch with members of the Stockport County team
– The winning menus being cooked for the whole school
– The winning menu designers gaining a family ticket for any Stockport County game of their choice
– The winning menu designers going onto the pitch at the first game of the next season to meet the team and be presented with a certificate
The judging panel are now reviewing the competition entries to pick a winner from Key Stage 1 and 2.