Homes Evacuated After Stockport Blaze

genericpic

Stockport residents had to be evacuated from their homes after a blaze at a block of bedsits.
Firefighters were called to the homes on Wellington Road South at 11:15am on August 2nd after the blaze broke out following a wiring fault on near a window in adjacent cavity wall.
Four bedsits – containing a total of three people – were evacuated while firefighters put out the flames and vented the smoke.
Crews from King Street, Whitehill and Cheadle stations used four breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
No one was injured in the incident or taken to hospital.
But firefighters were at the scene for two hours trying to find the source of the blaze.
Watch manager Stuart Hall, from Cheadle fire station, said: “There was a lot of smoke and it spread into the loft space and affected other rooms.
“The issue we had was locating the source. We evacuated the building as it was filling with smoke.”
Residents were allowed back into the homes once the danger had passed.